Thursday, April 10, 2008

What I've Learned



From this story, I learned that it is imortant to be as prepared as possible before your interview. I did not estimate enough time to get to my interview and was not sure where to park when I got there. As a result of this, I was a few minutes late and that always makes for an uncomfortable start. This was my first time out reporting and I learned how essential it is to have enough time to write your script. I should have conducted a shorter interview so that I would have had more time to write. When I did sit down to write my script, I learned how to make a story that's been done before interesting by adding additional fresh facts. I tried to humanize the foodbank story in an effort to draw people in. I learned that writing a short, clear, and interesting script can be much harder than it looks.

zeranti- foodbank....

No comments: