Thursday, April 10, 2008

RTN 311/64


What I've learned about my wrap (which I will post shortly)

-- I discovered some of the difficulties with going "live" from somewhere. First of all, the wind was blowing so ferociously that my papers were hard to hold on to, and I had to make sure that the wind wouldn't completely drown out my voice when I called in to the N-C-C Newsroom.

-- Also, getting back here to write everything was a pain. Writing good stuff in a short amount of time is always hard.

-- Also, going to a random truck stop and hoping that I could talk to someone at random was a little bit unnerving. Sticking a microphone in someone's face is an uncomfortable feeling to ask something like that of a complete stranger!

-- It's easy to stumble over your words when you've got a lot on your mind and you're nervous about trying something new. I did, so there's a section of the report before the first SOT where what I say kind-of changes some facts about the story... it sounds as if I spoke to people who were going to an informational meeting about a rise in toll prices; what I meant to say was that the people running the meeting were in for an earful if the attendants are anything like travellers I spoke to this morning. Oops.

Thruway Tolls.mp3

No comments: