Thursday, April 10, 2008

Michelle Buchwalter - What I have learned in RTN 311 and 364


I have learned many things in RTN 311 and 364 this year. If anything, the one important lesson I learned is that everything is not as easy as it looks. I did not know that wrap reporters and anchors wrote their own scripts. I need to work on making my writing more active. I also didn't realize how hectic the news room is. I learned how to prepare and work better under pressure and deadlines. In regards to my Earth Day story with OCCRA when I was a day of reporter, I learned many things. Firstly, I should never try to sound preachy or biased in a story. Secondly, I should avoid doing question leads, which I have done twice this semester. Lastly, though my SOTS were good quality in regards to sound, I could have definitely used more NAT sound. It would have added to the essence of my story.

Earth Day Wrap.mp3

No comments: