Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ask for Directions


One of the things I learned early in the semester is to always ask sources for suggestions on who else I might be able to talk to. In late February, I did a story on the Shamrocks against Muscular Dystrophy campaign that some of the local businesses took part in. I originally planned to go to Lowe's Hardware because I knew that they actively participated in the campaign. The person I needed to talk to was not working that day, and none of the other empolyees knew the information I was looking for. I was about to ditch the story entirely until one of the employees sent me to Wal Mart. I went to Wal Mart, and the same thing happened. A Wal Mart employee told me that Price Chopper participated as well, and I was finally able to speak to someone who could help me at Price Chopper.



I was very close to just scrapping the story, but I found that even people who couldn't help me were more than willing to try to find someone who could.

No comments: